Sunday, July 29, 2007

Reservist Training: Top Ten Blogs Flashback!

Ok, I will be donning my Camouflage Uniform and be playing Army Doc in a Top Secret part of Singapore for the next few days so there will not be any new posts since I will have to battle the mosquitos, eat bad food, go without bathing, not pass motion and have no internet access for a couple of nights.

I should be posting again later part of the week. But in the meantime, I am going to do what all good TV serials do and that is to show some flashbacks or highlights of the past year. What I would like to do is to get a list of what our readers will consider the Top Ten Posts of the year. In fact there can be different categories eg Best Photos, Funniest Post, Most Interesting, Overall Best Post etc. You decide. Hopefully, by the end of the week, I can consolidate the Top Ten Posts for the year. So I am going to take a backseat (of the Rover) and let you all do some work for a change!

To get things going here are some personal favourites:

Sin Huat Seafood Restaurant: Inside the mind of a Nazi

Special Feature: Food Pics in 3D

Astons Super Burger is on the Menu

Godzilla Pau: Size Does Matter

Eighteen Chefs: Baked Chilli Crabs, Jamie Oliver, Drugs and New Beginnings

Merpatih Putih Epok Epok Love

Ya Kwang Dai Pai Dong: Cze Char Lobster Noodles


Kiam Chye Ah: Chicken Soup for the Soul

Hope to hear lots of comments when I get back!

11 comments:

liveyrdream said...

Leslie,

I think this is such a great idea for the Top 10 posts ... since there are just so many now... very useful for any newbie to your food blog! :)

We will miss you and your daily post ...

See you soon with even more delicious posts! :)

Turningstar said...

Hi Good Doc,

I enjoyed reading your food blog tremendously! I even recommended it to my family members, some as far a field as Sydney and Melbourne.

The best part of your blog, in my opinion, are the photos. When reaidng your blog, I normally scroll down to see all the photos first before reading the text. You are doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!

Can you share with me the model of camera you use and may be some tips how you took those nice pictures.

Thanks. And be safe!

smart said...

Dear Turningstar, Pls see FAQ on the right. Taking good pics needs passion and practice. Join us in our food tasting and bring a camera along.

iwatch_ueat said...

uncle smart, well said. ya, why not, join the crowd.

liverpool1965 said...

Fatty Cheong's Char Siew
Hamid's briyani
Tanjong Rhu Pao... : )

Turningstar said...

Hi Smart,

Thanks for your direction. The FAQ did contain h/w info but you provided the s/w info, namely passion and practice. Thanks!

I sure would like to join the makan but then I am too much of a weight watcher person to do it. I save calories like the good doc did, but most times I don't spend them! Reading the food blog is like "discussing military strategies on paper", as a Chinese saying goes. I can "eat" all that the good doc provided and still save all my calories. Haha!

Happy makan!

United said...

As for me,

it is about the new discovery. it is always nice to see a new post that wrote about something nice cheap and new.

as such, my fav would be the ramly burger at yishun, eighteen chef,ya kwang da pa dang and ice cream chef.

i will never chance upon all these wonderful new stores if not for ur blog.

thanks

liveyrdream said...

Being someone who is "born and breed" in this little red dot, I never know Singapore has so many wonderful food until I chanced upon this blog!

And the true stories written about how each food business started and survived through the years really adds a whole new dimension when consuming their food! :) (Somehow it taste yummier when you know this historical background to the food itself; many of those are truly very heart-warming stories!)

My personal favourites are:
-Eighteen Chefs
-Yet Con
-all the local ice-cream shops ( finally we have our own localised ice-cream favours created and made-in-singapore :) )
-Aston's

liverpool1965 said...

Should have a poll to see the most visited place...mine would be Hamid's Briyani and Wham Burger...at least makaned them 5 times each liao : )

DK said...

Maybe you can try doing a review of the food at SFI cookhouse and canteen in your camp. :P

ieat said...

Unfortunately cameras are not allowed in the camp and I even got my handphone camera confiscated for a day! Anyway, the food in camp cannot make it and you all know that I seldom blog about bad food.

Post a Comment