Friday, January 26, 2007

Thohirah Restaurant: Briyani Challenge Round 1 of 3

With iwatch_ueat and SuperSatayMan


Since my blog on Allaudin's Briyani, people have been writing in recommending their favourite Briyani's around Singapore. So I have decided to go on a Briyani Pilgrimage to try to find Singapore's, dare I say, "Ultimate" Briyani. My first stall is one which I frequent and up till last week, my favourite Briyani. People look for different things in a Briyani. For me the rice is of prime importance, then the meat and the curry and I also like the cucumber achar/salad to be nice and sweet to contrast with the savoury flavours of the curry. I opt for fried chicken rather than curry chicken because my stomach complains when I have too much curry.



The rice at this stall is nicely done. Every grain is separate and unbroken. The springy texture is satisfying to the bite. The cucumber achar at this place is also very good. I love just eating the rice by itself without the gravy. 4.25/5 I have to concede that overall, the combination of the curry, the rice and achar was not as shiok as others I have tried.

Conclusion

Rice texture is tops, taste is great but not quite the ultimate Briyani.


Thohirah Restaurant
258 Jalan Kayu (Next to the carpark)
64812009
Opened 24 hours

2 comments:

Food Pimp said...

Woooooooah the chicken and rice looks very tempting... shhessh! A lot of distance to cover in my daily jog to clear up all these calories.. but will be WORTH it!

PaLmEr said...

one of my regular briyani haunts for a few years... always sold out lately.

Post a Comment